Saturday, July 19, 2008

"Syndicated": My Best LIfe Now


I want to answer another question posed, ("What is RSS?") to me on the forum, Blog Train...

RSS stands for "Real Simple Syndication".

This box symbolizes I offer a feed of my site that can be sent to a viewer's RSS reader. I use IE and goggle as my email home page, so I can go to my RSS reader (the same symbol you would see in your menu bar in the upper right section of your Google home page) when I log in.
It allows me to see at a glance if my favorite RSS feeds (listing of sites) have been updated. (How nice is that!) You can have RSS feeds sent to your blog but I wouldn't use it as the only content to your sight.
If you find something that is relevant to your sight and (it'd be best to get approval from the site you want the feed for on your site) is used to inform your viewers of important info, then go for it.
Wp-o-matic and other readers are called a "plug-in" you can install to get a full feed, otherwise most RSS feeds will give you just a snippet or brief discription of the content.
There is also a black-hat technique you can use to increase sales but because it is considered "black hat" I won't go into it and I don't use it. But if you really want to know, just think about ot for a bit. I'm sure you can come up with a winning theory! :)

If you want to learn more about how to use RSS feeds, I will leave the nitty-gritty up to Armand Morin, the ultimate Marketing Guru. You can learn more about him, his products, and software (which he has some awesome ones!) at Internet Marketing Explained.

No comments: