Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Interviewing My Peers makes My Life The Best

Have you taken the time to get to know your peers... the people who are doing the same thing you are doing? You may not be doing the exact same thing but are in a similar field or using the sames means to accomplish their goal.


For instance, in addition to my Kids' Keys Business and all of it's offshoots, I also have a forum called the Blog Train. I am sooo grateful I have developed this site because there are amazing people who participate on the site.


There are times when I feel overwhelmed and ask myself, "Why did I ad this to my already full plate when I don't have time to do the basics, like clean my house and enter an article in submission sites?"

But reality really hits when I take a moment and read the members blogs, have the opportunity to call and talk with them about their business and their experiences, and really listen to what they have to say.

I LOVE it because I learn so much and I feel so affirmed after talking with each person. My load of "projects", "work", and "headaches" doesn't seem so bad because I hear what my peers are doing. I actually feel humbled and in awe by their determination, courage, and intelligence.

A dear friend once told me, one of the greatest gifts her mom told her was..."If you ever feel down, frustrated, overwhelmed, or unappreciated do something for someone else!"

Boy, if I didn't try it I wouldn't have believed it, but it works every single time!!

Not that I am saying my "help" is making such a huge difference in someone life but just the "act" of me trying to truly "help" someone else works every time.

That is why I am so grateful I developed the blog train. If it wasn't my responsibility to update it every day (like on another blogger forum) I would probably have let it go because "I am too busy". But because I made the commitment to try to help others it gives back to me 10 times the amount.

Thank You EVERYONE at the Blog Train!

Check out my interviews with incredible people!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the blog train as well, because it always brings in people to read my blog and I get comments as well... it's such a great way to get readers and also to give others a chance to get heard! I love it!